Diwali is an auspicious celebration in the Indian calendar, which is celebrated by all with great zeal and happiness. The pious festival is celebrated in the returning of Lord Ram with his wife Seeta to Ayodhya from 14 years of exile. And from that, people celebrate Diwali in the happiness of their king coming to his kingdom. To welcome their king, people lighten each corner of the kingdom, and thus, it is also known as the festival of lights.
Diwali In India – Deepawali means – rows of lamps. On the day of Diwali, each house is decorated with rows of diyas. The corner of the house is illuminated with diyas, lamps, candles, and electric fairy lights. Hence Diwali is also called the festival of lights. It is celebrated on the new moon of Kartik month which falls on 27 Oct 2019 this year. Light fades away darkness and Unholy vibes and spread the positive vibes all around. This will be publishing good thoughts in mind and remove the darkness in us. This auspicious festival brings a lot of happiness and new zeal. Before two or three weeks ago, people started paints their homes, fixing the courtyard, locality, and barn. Consumption of paints and whiteness in the market increases. On the day of Diwali, a wave of happiness runs in the house. The market is crowded with earthen lamps, toys, Diwali gifts, and sweets shops. Shopkeepers, traders worship their shops and goods on the auspicious and pious day. In the evening, the house-courtyard and the market shines.
An echo of firecrackers and colorful lighting of sparklers create an atmosphere of joy all around. Dishes are made in every house. The fun of this festival is doubled by the people when they buy Diwali gifts for family or their loved ones and surprise them happily. The noise of firecrackers remains almost overnight and the process of exchanging the wishes of Deepawali continues. People of the Hindu religion wait very eagerly to celebrate this special festival of Diwali. This is a very important festival, especially for children because they get to eat various sweets and desserts from different states of India. The Indian market may be flooded with a mind-boggling variety of chocolates, cakes, and cookies, but nothing beats the warmth and authenticity of traditional Diwali sweets. But do you know why variety of sweet made on Diwali and sweet platters from different Indian states? If now then read this article carefully! We come up with the following must-buys sweets to share with you. Happy feasting.
1. Rasgulla – There are various regional versions of Rasgulla but the west Bengali rasgullas are best which are matchless. Everyone loves to eat Bengali rasgullas after the traditional meal and enjoy their Diwali eve.
2. Kaju Katli – Kaju Katli is one of the best and famous sweets especially on the North Indian side. This sweet is easily melt in mouth and win the heart of everyone by gratifying their taste buds. Made from cashews shavings, sugar, ghee, and mawa, this sweet is one of the best Diwali sweets exchanged between people during the festival wishes.
3. Moti Pak – This is the famous Rajasthani and Gujarati sweet made from milk, ghee, chickpea flour, khoya, mawa. Adorned with the delicate layering of silver zarq, this sweet is loved by everyone. And this is also a place on the pooja thali while worshiping of Lord Ganesha and Laxmi Ma.
4. Milk Cake – The combo of gram flour, milk, ghee khoya, mawa, and sugar is loved in North India, and also down South India. Elders, as well as children, love this sweet much. This sweet delicacy is best to win the heart of foodie soul and enhance the festive fun. If you have bought the Diwali gifts for family, then don’t forget to add a box of these sweets.
5. Pinni – This is the delicious and yummy sweet famous especially in punjab side. This is Punjab is favorite sweet and a wintersweet. Wheat flour is roasted in rich homemade ghee along with mawa, khoya, sugar, and dry fruits till it turns a beautiful golden brown color. It is then shaped into wrongly delicious laddoos.
These are some delicious sweets from various Indian states, which we see in a heavy amount in the market on the Diwali festivity. On the upcoming Diwali 2019, greet your loved ones with yummy sweets, and now you can send Diwali gifts to Bangalore with these sweets easily with the help of various online websites. So, enjoy your Diwali special with delicious sweet and sweeten your relation ahead.